International Women Growing Together in the West of Scotland
Finding Our Feet is a new project supporting Third Country National (TCN) women living in the West of Scotland. The aim of the project to make positive changes to international women by supporting their integration, settlement and participation in local communities. The Project is run by West of Scotland Regional Equality Council and supported by the European Integration Fund for Third Country Nationals as well as by The Scottish Government. Finding Our Feet is funded to work with women who have come to settle in the UK within the last 10 years, from outwith the European Economic Area, and who have not arrived as asylum seekers or Refugees.
The project includes the following programme of activities and events to support women to work together to increase their knowledge, skills, confidence and opportunities:
- A Welcome pack of information on services including health, education, employment and participation opportunities.
- Information and assistance in converting non UK Qualifications.
- Life Skills Training Courses.
- Volunteering Opportunities.
- Information on and opportunities to be more involved in local civic activities.
To find out more about participating please contact [email protected]